If you’ve been to my house, you know I have a TON of kitchen stuff. And I use every single thing on a regular basis. Well, mostly regular. One of our guy friends made a comment one time about how many small kitchen appliances we own and said sarcastically, “But does she have an apple corer?” To which my husband simply replied, “two.” I’ve since downsized to just one, thank you very much.
Anyway, here are my top 10 must have kitchen gadgets under $10 to make life easier:
- Crockpot Liners: We do crockpot meals on a fairly regular basis, and crockpot liners seriously make life so much easier. You’ve probably already heard of these and you can pick them up at your local grocery store or Target. Simply put a liner in, cook your meal, and then throw the liner and the mess away!
- Citrus Press: I love this because it gets more juice out of the fruit than squeezing by hand, it keep the seeds contained, and keeps my hands clean because inevitably I’m going to rub my eyes directly after squeezing a lemon.
- Tuna Press AKA Can Colander: This fits perfectly inside a tuna can and has little handles on the side so you can squeeze the juice out without squirting yourself in the face when the top of the can collapses. You can also place these on top of your open canned items to easily drain any liquid without losing the contents.
- Pastry Wheel: This is a must have if you have small children. It makes cutting sandwiches, pizza, quesadillas, or whatever into bite-sized pieces the easiest thing ever! I guess you can also use it for pastries.
- Mini and Bottle Spatulas: I use my mini spatulas daily. They are fantastic for stirring small pots on the stove and the bottle spatula makes getting every bit of peanut butter a breeze.
- Kitchen Shears: I don’t know how people live without a good pair of kitchen shears. I actually have two pair. I use one to open packages and the other is used for food, most often cutting meat into bite-sized pieces. Then they go straight into the dishwasher for easy cleanup.
- Spoon Rest: I prefer the standing spoon rest, personally. Again this item helps make cleanup easier. Place your utensils in or on it while using them and then put the spoon rest in the dishwasher. Less time wiping down counters.
- Cookie Dough Scoop: Fantastic for perfectly sized cookies. These come in several sizes, too. I also use them when making meatballs or chicken veggie poppers. Another fantastic product that keeps your hands clean!
- Eggsact Egg Timer: I’m kinda terrible at timing hard boiled eggs. The shell always ends up sticking and then the egg falls apart when I peel it. But this baby is awesome! Stick it in the pot with the eggs and it changes color to show you the level of doneness of your eggs.
- Berry Colander: This is perfect for washing a handful of grapes or cherry tomatoes, which my kids love! I also use it to rinse a can of beans or drain the water after cooking mac ‘n cheese for the kiddos. It’s the perfect size and doesn’t take up a ton of room in the dishwasher.
I’d love to hear which kitchen gadgets you can’t live without! Share your gadget and favorite use for it in the comments section below!