Eating as a family is a priority for us, but since my hard-working hubby gets home later in the evening that means I either need to have dinner cooking in the crockpot all day or something I can whip up in less than 30 minutes.
One pot wonders are one of my most favorite things. Everything cooks in one pot, obviously, which not only makes dinner easier, but cleanup is a breeze too.
This one pot broccoli pasta was a huge hit with the entire family. No leftovers! So without further adieu…it’s recipe time!
One Pot Broccoli Pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1-1/4 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces macaroni noodles
- 1-1/2 cups (more or less) broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- In a large sauce pan, sauté garlic and onion in butter until onion is translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth, milk, noodles, broccoli, and Italian seasoning and bring to a soft boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, add Parmesan, and continue simmering for additional 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with additional cheese if desired.